忘记关窗
The open window
Hello, it's a chilly start to the day at Tip Top Trading.
大家好,又见面啦。今天顶级贸易公司里面可真冷啊。
Hi Denise!
早上好,Denise!
Good morning Anna.
早上好,Anna。
Brrr... it's so cold in here.
呼……今天办公室里好冷啊。
The window was left open overnight.
昨晚上窗户一晚上没关呢。
My papers have been blown everywhere.
我的文件被风刮的到处都是。
Mine too!
啊,我的也是!
Tom was the last one here last night –
昨天Tom是最后一个走的——
it must've been him who left the window open.
肯定是他忘记关窗了。
Brrr....
呼……
Right then, to work!
好吧,先不管这些了,开始工作!
Oh, there's a note from Paul,
咦,这有一张Paul写的便条,
it must've fallen off my desk:
肯定是从我桌子上掉下来的:
'I would like your ideas on our stock management system for our new laser-curve fruit range,
“我想听听你对于我们公司激光曲线水果系列库存管理系统的意见,
so we know we can keep up with demand.
来帮助我们更好地满足市场需求。
Please write me a couple of pages of suggestions and leave it on my desk.
请写几页相关建议,放在我的桌子上即可。
I'll be back this afternoon.'
下午我会回来。”
Wow! I have to come up with ideas for a stock management system!
哇!我要为公司的库存管理系统提些意见!
Gosh, where do I begin?!
天哪,我该从哪开始?!
Good morning.
早上好。
Morning!
早上好!
Hey, my certificate for Plastic Pear Salesman of the Year is on the floor!
嘿,我的年度最佳塑料梨销售员证书怎么在地上!
Right...
好的……
stock management systems... stock-up on your laser-curved lemons …
库存管理系统……激光曲线柠檬系列的库存……
My first idea is to calculate the total….
我的一个建议是首先计算整体的数量……
Well, Anna has finished her report and left it on Paul's desk,
终于,Anna写完了她的报告并放在了Paul的桌子上。
but things aren't that simple.
但是事情好像没有这么简单。
Er, Anna, there's going to be a problem.
呃,Anna,麻烦来了。
Oh? A problem, bbbbut…
啊,麻烦?但,但,但是……
Let me teach you some phrases you might need to explain that there's been a mistake:
让我来教你一些在出现问题的时候用来解释的句子吧:
I think there's been a misunderstanding.
我想这是个误会。
Or: There's been a bit of a mix-up.
或者:这里有很多误会。
But what misunderstanding?
但是到底是什么误会呢?
What mix-up?
出了什么事?
You could also use:
你可能还会用到:
Let me explain what happened...
让我来解释一下发生了什么……
But-
但是——
Ah, good afternoon everyone.
啊,大家下午好。
Hello.
下午好。
Tom, this is an excellent piece of work!
Tom,你这份报告写的实在太棒了!
Sorry?
对不起,你说的是?
These are by far the best ideas you've ever had.
这是迄今为止你提出的最好的建议。
I don't understand.
我不太明白。
Our stock management system!
关于我们库存管理系统的建议报告啊!
Can I see? …
能让我看看吗?……
Oh, that's not mine.
噢,这不是我写的。
Eh?
啊?
I think there's been a misunderstanding.
我想这是一个误会。
I did it.
是我写的。
You?
你写的?
I got your note Paul, here.
我收到了你的留言条,就在这。
No, no, that note was for Tom.
不,不,那是我写给Tom的。
Oh, then there's been a bit of a mix up.
啊,天哪,误会更多了。
Did you take that note from my desk?
是不是你从我桌子上拿走了那张便签?
No, no!
不是的,我没有!
I suppose you threw my pear salesman certificate on the floor at the same time too!
我猜也是你把我的证书丢在了地上对不对!
I didn’t!
我真的没有!
Let me explain.
请让我解释。
The wind must have blown the note for Tom under my desk.
肯定是风把那张便条从Tom的桌子上吹到了我的桌子底下。
Tom left the window open overnight.
Tom昨天离开公司忘记关窗了,窗户整夜都开着。
Our papers were blown all over the place.
我们的文件被风刮得到处都是。
I see, well, golly gosh.
我明白了,天哪。
In that case, well done, Anna!
如果是这样的话,Anna,你写的报告很棒!
Excellent work, even though you weren't meant to do it.
尽管本来不应该由你来做,但是你做得很好。
And Tom, your ideas are still welcome of course.
另外,Tom,你也可以继续提出你的建议。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Sorry Tom.
对不起,Tom。
What?
什么?
Oh, I'm not bothered.
噢,那没什么。
I've still got some great ideas in my head anyway.
反正我脑子里还有很多好主意呢。
Yeah, right!
啊哈,没错!
Let's leave Tom to get on with his 'great ideas' and listen again those phrases Anna used to explain the misunderstanding:
让我们把Tom丢在一边,让他自己去想那些“好主意”吧,下面再让我们一起来回顾一下Anna在解释误会时用到的句子:
I think there's been a misunderstanding.
我想这是一个误会。
There's been a bit of a mix-up.
这中间有很多误会。
Let me explain what happened.
让我来解释一下发生了什么。
Well, the mix-up gave Anna a chance to shine –
恩,这场误会给了Anna一个展示自己的机会——
Paul certainly seemed impressed with her work.
Paul看起来很欣赏她的建议。
Maybe it will bring her new opportunities.
说不定这会给她带来新的机会呢。
Until next time, bye!
下次见啦,再见!