战胜你对蜘蛛的恐惧
Beating your fear of spiders
Hi, I'm Vanessa, and I sleep with 32 tarantulas.
我是凡妮莎,我和32只狼蛛一起住。
Vanessa has always had arachnophobia and wanted to change.
凡妮莎一直患有蜘蛛恐惧症,她想改变这一状况。
At first, when watching videos online of tarantulas, it did give me the heebie-jeebies a bit.
起初,当我在网上看狼蛛的视频时,确实感到有些害怕。
She used a method called "exposure therapy" as a solution.
她用了一种叫作“暴露疗法”的方法来克服恐惧。
That means she gradually interacted with her phobia in a risk-free way.
接受“暴露疗法”意味着她以一种无风险的方式逐渐直面了自身的恐惧。
Getting over arachnophobia was absolutely fantastic.
克服了蜘蛛恐惧症简直太棒了。
Tarantulas do not bother me at all any more.
我再也不怕狼蛛了。
It makes you realise how interesting these creatures are.
战胜恐惧使你意识到这种动物是多么有趣。
According to an estimate, 18% of British people admit to being scared of spiders.
据估计,有18%的英国人承认害怕蜘蛛。
The spiders move quickly, but what else is there to be afraid of?
除了蜘蛛移动速度快以外,它们还有什么令人害怕的地方?
The good news is that their bite is usually no worse than a bee sting.
好消息是,蜘蛛咬伤通常不会比蜜蜂蜇伤更严重。
I would say to people that are arachnophobic,
我会对患有蜘蛛恐惧症的人们说
just talk to people about it because it is a really crippling fear,
和别人聊一聊吧,因为这是一种严重的恐惧
and it does affect a lot of people's lives in a really negative way.
而且它确实以一种负面的方式影响了很多人的生活。
(They're) just all so different and fascinating.
(蜘蛛)各不相同,令人着迷。
I literally couldn't imagine my life without a spider in it now.
现在我简直无法想象没有蜘蛛的生活。