水下噪音污染危及海洋生物的听力健康
Underwater sound pollution
Listening in on life underwater.
这是在偷听水下生命的声音。
This small device is picking up sounds we rarely get to hear
这件小设备能检测收集到我们不常听到的声音
and it's helping scientists establish how too much noise is stressing out ocean wildlife.
它能帮助科学家确认为什么过大的噪音给海洋野生生物带来焦虑感。
Whales and dolphins, we know have very sensitive hearing and we know that sound causes stress.
我们知道鲸鱼和海豚有非常敏感的听力,也知道声音能导致压力。
It affects their migration behaviour.
声音影响这些动物的迁移行为。
It affects their reproductive behaviour.
影响它们的繁殖行为。
We've then looked at fish.
我们还观察了鱼类。
Fish also have ears and are affected by noise.
鱼也有耳朵,也会受到噪音的干扰。
Today we joined Professor Steve Simpson, a marine biologist who's dedicated much of his time to studying and collecting sounds from the sea.
今天我们见到了海洋生物学家斯蒂夫·辛普森教授,他用大量时间研究和收集海洋声音。
So, very close to loud sources of noise, we see animals with ruptured eardrums - so whales and dolphins.
在离噪音很近的地方,我们发现了耳膜穿孔的动物,比如鲸鱼和海豚。
We see fish with their swim bladders burst because of the noise.
还发现有些鱼因噪音而鱼鳔破裂。
Offshore construction and busy shipping lanes are interfering with the way marine life communicates.
海上工程和繁忙的海运航线在干扰海洋生物的交流方式。
That is really loud, isn’t it?
真的很吵,对不对?
I mean, that's totally swamping anything out.
我是说,噪音完全淹没了其它任何的声音。
If you were trying to communicate, if you were a dolphin in the area, or you were a fish, then you wouldn't get yourself heard over the noise of that boat.
如果你是这里一只试图交流的海豚或是一条鱼,那么和那艘噪声过大的船相比,你的声音是不会被听到的。
Solving the problem of plastic pollution in our oceans will take many years.
我们还需要很多年才能解决海洋中的塑料污染问题。
But when it comes to noise pollution, Steve says it can be reversed.
然而,斯蒂夫说噪音污染是可逆转的。