老爸舞姿
Dad dancing
Great party last night, Feifei!
昨晚的派对真棒,菲菲!
It was so much fun, Neil.
很有趣,尼尔。
I loved your dad dancing, too!
我也喜欢你的“dad dancing”!
You… saw my dad… dancing?
你……看见我爸爸……跳舞?
But my dad wasn’t dancing.
但我爸爸没有跳舞。
He wasn’t even there.
他根本不在场。
No, no, no.
不,不。
You know what I mean: ’dad dancing’.
你知道我的意思:“dad dancing”。
It means dancing like… well, like a dad.
意思是像……像爸爸那样跳舞。
I’m not sure where you’re going with this?
我不知道你什么意思?
’Dad dancing’ is our phrase in The English We Speak.
“Dad dancing”是今天BBC《地道英语》的短语。
It describes a way of dancing which is a bit awkward, not very cool, maybe trying too hard.
它描述了一种有点尴尬的舞蹈方式,不是很酷,也许是过于努力。
What are you saying?
你在说什么?
I can moonwalk.
我可以“月球漫步”。
I can spin on the spot.
我可以原地旋转。
I can swing my arms in the air.
我可以在空中挥动手臂。
I’ve got all the moves!
我已经掌握了所有的动作!
All fantastic dad dancing moves!
所有精彩的老爸舞蹈的动作!
Don’t worry – it looked like you were really enjoying yourself.
别担心,看起来你真的很开心。
It’s OK, I get it.
没关系,我明白了。
Some of my moves are a bit old-fashioned.
我的一些动作有点过时。
But sometimes it just feels good to let go!
但有时候不在意会感觉很好!
I think your kids were a little bit embarrassed.
我觉得你的孩子们有点尴尬。
Really?
真的吗?
They’re just jealous.
他们只是嫉妒而已。
Haha, maybe!
哈哈,也许吧!
OK, let’s hear some examples.
好的,让我们来听一些例子。
Wow, look at Ernesto. Is he swinging a cat?
哇,看看埃内斯托,他是在甩猫吗?
What a dad dancer!
多棒的老爸舞姿啊!
Katka’s dad was hilarious at the wedding.
卡卡的爸爸在婚礼上很搞笑。
Everyone had stopped dancing, but he was still up there dad dancing, showing off all his moves.
每个人都不跳了,但他还在上面跳着老爸舞姿,炫耀他所有的动作。
I used to think Dad’s dad dancing was funny.
我以前觉得老爸的舞姿很有趣。
But after he injured his ankle really badly last time, I think it’s time he slowed down.
但上次他膝盖伤得很重之后,我想该让他慢下来了。
You’re listening to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English.
欢迎收听BBC《地道英语》节目。
Our expression is ’dad dancing’.
今天的表达是“dad dancing”。
Neil?
尼尔?
Yeah...
哎……
Next Wednesday?
下周三?
OK.
好的。
Yeah… See you!
是的……再见!
Who were you calling?
你在给谁打电话?
I’ve just booked some dance lessons.
我刚预定了几节舞蹈课。
You’ve helped me realise I need to improve my skills.
你让我意识到我需要提高我的舞技。
I was only teasing, Neil.
我只是开玩笑,尼尔。
It’s OK.
没事的。
If I’m dancing, I want to be the best dancer on the floor.
如果我在跳舞,我想成为舞台上最好的舞者。
And if I’m dad dancing… well, I want to be finest dad dancer you’ve ever seen!
如果我是跳的是老爸舞姿,好吧,我想成为你见过的最好的老爸舞姿!
Haha - best of luck.
哈哈,祝你好运。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。