正是所需之物
Just the ticket
Hello, I'm Feifei, and this is The English We Speak, I'm with Rob.
大家好,我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语,我和罗布在一起。
Hi Rob, how are you?
嗨,罗布,你好吗?
Hi Feifei…
嗨菲菲……
I'm fine but I can't quite understand why you've brought me to a railway station.
我挺好的,但我不太能理解你为什么要带我来火车站。
Isn't that obvious?
那还不明显吗?
No, and what's that piece of paper you're waving in your hand?
并不,你手里挥舞的那张纸是什么?
Oh this?
噢,这个呀?
This is a ticket.
这是一张车票。
A ticket.
一张车票。
Why would you bring me to a railway station and show me a ticket?
你为什么带我来火车站,还给我看一张车票呢?
It's cold and we could be in a warm studio presenting this programme.
这么冷,我们本可以在温暖的演播室里做这期节目的。
And anyway, don't you know it's my birthday and we're supposed to be going out to celebrate later?
不管怎么说,你知道今天是我的生日,我们一会儿会去外面庆祝吧?
I know it's your birthday, you told me last week and you said something about wanting a present that was 'just the ticket'.
我知道今天是你的生日,你上周告诉我了,而且你说想要的礼物“正是一张车票”。
So here it is.
所以给你啦。
Oh Feifei – I didn't want a ticket –
噢菲菲,我不是想要一张车票,
when I said 'just the ticket' I meant I wanted something that was exactly what I wanted or needed:
当我说“正是一张车票”的时候,我的意思是我想要的正是我非常想要或是需要的东西:
A camera, a computer game or maybe a nice bottle of whisky.
一个相机,一款电子游戏或者可能是一瓶很棒的威士忌。
Oh right, I see.
噢对,我明白了。
Oh dear, what a wasted trip Feifei.
天啊,真是白走这么一趟啊菲菲。
Now we're here, let's hear some more examples of the phrase 'just the ticket'…
现在我们在这里,让我们来再听几个“正是所需之物”这个短语的例子吧……
Oh I feel terrible:
噢我感觉很糟糕,
I've got a cold and my nose it blocked but a drink of hot honey and lemon would be just the ticket to make me feel better.
我感冒了,鼻子不通气,但一杯热蜂蜜柠檬水正是所需之物,可以让我好受点。
I think a new art gallery will be just the ticket for improving the image of the town and encouraging more people to visit.
我觉得一个新的美术馆正是提升这座城镇形象的所需之物,这会鼓励更多的人来参观。
Our car has got seven seats, so it's just the ticket for taking all the kids to football practice every week.
我们的车有七个座,这正是每周带所有孩子去足球训练的必须之物。
So that's 'just the ticket' –
那就是“正是所需之物”,
which describes something that exactly what is wanted or needed.
描述的正是我想要或需要的东西。
OK Rob, so you wanted something for your birthday that was 'just the ticket' –
好了罗布,所以你生日想要的东西“正是所需之物”,
well you're looking at it.
嗯,你正在看着它。
You Feifei?
你吗菲菲?
No Rob.
不,罗布。
This ticket in my hand. Have you actually looked at it?
是我手里的这张票。你真的看着它呢吧?
OK let me see…
好,让我看看……
Wow!
哇哦!
A train ticket to Paris, for me?
一张到巴黎的火车票,给我的?
That's really generous of you.
你真的是太慷慨了。
Thanks Feifei!
谢谢你菲菲!
When do we go?
我们什么时候去呢?
We?
我们?
No, it's just one ticket –
不,只有一张票,
I couldn't afford two.
我可买不起两张。
Now look, the train's about to leave so you had better go.
现在来看看,火车要开了,你最好赶快走。
Have a good trip!
旅途愉快!
Oh right.
噢对。
I'll be off then.
我走了。
Bye.
再见。
Bye Rob.
再见罗布。
Phew, two days in the office without Rob – that is 'just the ticket' for me!
啊,两天办公室没有罗布的日子,这正是我所需要的!