给我打电话
Give us a bell
Hello, I'm Rob…
大家好,我是罗布……
… and I'm Feifei and this is The English We Speak.
……我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语。
So Feifei, what are you doing this weekend?
菲菲,你这周末要干嘛?
I thought I'd do some sightseeing in London –
我要在伦敦观光游览,
I never get time to see my home city,
我一直没时间看看我家乡的城市,
so that's what I'm going to do.
所以这就是我要做的啦。
Good idea.
很好的想法。
You mean the Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey…
你是说伦敦塔,圣保罗大教堂,威斯敏斯特大教堂……
…yes and especially Big Ben.
……对,尤其是大本钟。
I've always wanted to stand underneath and hear the clock strike 12.
我一直想站在钟下,听钟敲12下。
Do you know what, I might do the same thing.
你知道吗,我可能会做同样的事情。
When you're there, give us a bell and I'll come and meet you.
你到那儿之后,给我一口钟,我会来见你。
Give us a bell'?
“给我一口钟”?
There is no way I can give you a bell –
我不可能给你一口钟的,
do you know how heavy it is?
你知道它有多重吗?
Errr, I don't want a bell from the clock tower.
呃,我不是想要钟塔上的钟。
I just meant, give me a call – on your phone.
我只是说,用你的手机给我打电话。
Give us a bell!
给我打电话!
Why didn't you just say that!
那为什么你不直接说呢!
A bell' originates from the days when phones had a bell that rang when someone called it.
“铃声”来源于当有人打电话时,电话便会响起来的时候。
So when I say 'a bell', I mean 'a call'.
所以当我说“一声铃响”,我的意思是说“一个电话”。
So will you 'give us a bell'?
所以你会给我打电话吗?
Let me just think about that, while we hear some more examples…
让我想想吧,同时我们来再听几个例子……
When you get there, give us a bell and tell us what it's like.
你到那儿之后,给我们打个电话,告诉我们那儿是什么样的。
Just give us a bell and I'll tell you how to get here.
给我打个电话,我会告诉你怎么到那儿的。
After our blind date, he told me to give him a bell but every time I call it his phone diverts to voicemail.
相亲之后,他告诉我给他打电话,但每次我给他打电话时都会转到语音信箱。
That's give me – or give us – a bell, meaning phone me!
给我,或者给我们打电话,意思就是打给我!
But Rob, you said give US a call –
但是罗布,你说给“我们”打电话,
are you going to be with someone else?
你是会和别人一起吗?
No no.
不。
In informal English we tend to say 'us' even when there's just one of us – just me.
在非正式的英语中,我们更倾向于说“我们”,即使只有我们中的一个人,也就是我。
But of course 'us' can mean more than one person.
但当然啦,“我们”也可以指多于一个人的情况。
Right.
对。
But this weekend you want me to call you because you'll be on your own and you've got nothing else to do –
但这周你想让我打给你,是因为你只有一个人,没有事可做,
so you want to spend the day sightseeing with me?
所以你想和我一起度过这天,观光游览?
Yes.
对。
Just give us a bell and I'll be there.
给我打电话,我会去的。
Hmmm, well sorry I can't –
嗯,抱歉不行,
I haven't got your number.
我还没有你的号码呢。
Oh, well, I could give you a bell –
噢,我可以打给你的,
what's your number again?
你的电话号码是什么来着?
Ah, saved by the bell –
啊,真是救命的铃声啊,
sorry, got to go, maybe next time.
抱歉,我必须得走了,也许下次吧。
See ya.
再见。
Oh.
噢。
Bye.
再见。
更多英语一手资讯,请关注官方微信公众号:
BBC英语(iyubabbc)