到处都是
All over the shop
OK.
好了。
Not again.
不会又这样吧。
Why oh why is Feifei late for the studio this time?
为什么,噢为什么菲菲这次录节目迟到了呢?
Seriously…
讲真……
That does it.
我受够了。
I'm gonna give her a call…
我要给她打个电话……
Great.
很好。
Let me go out and take a look.
让我出去看一眼。
Feifei?!
菲菲?!
Feifei, where are you?
菲菲,你在哪儿呢?
Where has she gone?
你去哪里了?
Oh, is that…?
噢,那是……?
There she is!
她在那儿!
Oh, oh, hi, Neil.
噢,噢,嗨,尼尔。
Where have you been?
你去哪儿了?
I've been looking all over the shop for you!
我一直在到处找你!
All over the shop?
“到处商店”?
Well, I wasn't in a shop.
我没去商店。
I was in… the toilet!
我去……厕所了!
Thanks for the information.
多谢告知。
And yes, before you tell me –
是的,在你告诉我之前,
I do know what all over the shop means.
我确实知道“到处”这个表达的意思。
It means 'everywhere'.
它的意思是“每个地方”。
Well, I'm just glad I've found you.
嗯,我只是很高兴我找到你了。
Now we can finally start the programme and explain this expression:
现在我们终于可以开始录节目来解释这个表达方式了:
all over the shop.
到处。
Oh, we've already done that.
噢,我们已经解释过了。
Yes.
是的。
It usually means 'everywhere' –
它通常是指“每个地方”,
when describing a search for something,
用在我们找某样东西,
or an untidy arrangement of things.
或者说东西摆放不整齐的时候。
Like in these examples:
就像这几个例子里的一样:
Where were you?
你去哪儿了?
We looked all over the shop for you.
我们到处找你。
He left his dirty washing all over the shop.
他把他要洗的脏衣服扔得到处都是。
Our house was a real mess!
我们家里真是一团糟!
I spilled wine all over the shop when I tried to open that bottle.
我设法打开那瓶酒时,把红酒洒得到处都是。
Oops.
哎呀。
It can also describe someone or something very disorganised.
它也可以描述某人或者某物非常乱,
Listen to this:
听这个例子:
Sorry, I'm a bit all over the shop this morning.
抱歉,我今早有点慌乱。
I forgot my ticket, my phone…
我忘记了我的票,我的手机……
I left my laptop at home.
我把我的笔记本电脑也落在家里了。
What's wrong with me?
我这是怎么了?
So there you go.
好了。
You can look all over the shop for something or someone.
你能“到处”找某人或者某样东西。
And you can also leave things all over the shop –
你也能把东西扔得“到处都是”——
like the dirty clothes.
比如脏衣服。
And you yourself can also be all over the shop –
你自己也可以是“凌乱”的——
describing someone who is forgetful or disorganised.
描述某人健忘或是杂乱无章。
Though not you, of course, Feifei.
不过当然不是说你啦,菲菲。
Never me.
我从来不会这样。
And that is the expression for this programme.
这就是本期节目要学的表达方式。
Thank you, Feifei…
谢谢大家,菲菲……
Feifei?
菲菲?
Feifei?
菲菲?
Where’s she gone?
她去哪儿了?
Oh, a message.
噢,一条短信。
"Just off to the shops.
“去商店了。
Need anything?"
需要什么东西吗?”
Very funny.
非常有趣。
Bye!
再见!