我知道你打的什么算盘
Got your number
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei…
我是菲菲……
…and I'm Rob.
……我是罗布。
Rob… are you in a rush to go home today?
罗布……你今天急着回家吗?
Err no Feifei.
呃,不啊菲菲。
Why, do you want to go for a drink?
怎么了,你想去喝一杯吗?
Well sort of.
嗯算是吧。
A friend of mine is visiting and I'd like to go for a drink her.
我的一位朋友来拜访我,我想和她一起去喝一杯。
You could join us later if you like?
如果你愿意的话,一会儿你可以一起来。
Oh I see!
噢我明白了!
I've got your number!
我知道你打的什么算盘!
Err yes –
呃是的,
you have –
你知道了,
so you can call me and meet us later.
那你一会儿可以打给我,和我们会面。
OK?
可以吗?
No, no –
不是的,
I mean I know what you're trying to do.
我是说我知道你想干嘛了。
You want to go to the pub now and leave me to present the rest of this programme?
你想现在就去酒吧,留下我把剩下的节目做完?
Oh well…
噢,好吧……
I know what you're up to!
我知道你在打什么主意!
Well you can't go until we've heard some more examples…
我们再听完几个例子之后你才能走……
So I'll cook and you wash up?
所以我来做饭你来洗碗?
Hmm, I've got your number;
哼,我知道你打的什么算盘,
you're just going to watch TV all evening.
你整晚上都会去看电视。
You can't fool me,
你骗不了我,
I've got your number –
我知道你打的什么算盘。
you're never going to pay me back.
你永远不会还我钱的。
Watch out, he's got your number –
小心,他知道你在打什么算盘,
he knows what you're up to.
他知道你在打什么主意。
OK Rob –
好吧罗布,
if you say 'I've got your number' it means you understand what someone it trying to do or why they are behaving in a certain way.
如果你说“我知道你打的什么算盘”是说你知道一个人想要干嘛,或者按照特定的方式有某种行为表现。
Exactly –
就是这样的,
it's not about having your telephone number.
这不是说有你的手机号。
I knew when you asked me if I was rushing home you were after something.
你问我是不是急着回家的时候,我就知道你在打什么主意。
What -
什么?
so I could sneak out early to go for a drink?
那么说我会早早地溜走去喝酒?
Honestly, who do you think I am?!
说实话,你以为我是什么样的人?!
Well it sounded like you were planning something…
好吧,听起来确实像你在谋划什么事情啊……
but maybe I misunderstood you.
不过也许我误会你了。
You wouldn't leave me here alone, would you, Feifei?
你不会把我自己留在这儿的,对吧,菲菲?
Feifei?
菲菲?
Feifei?
菲菲?
Oh she's gone.
噢她走了。
Now where did I put her phone number…
我把她电话号码放在哪里了……
Bye.
再见。