飞吻
Air kiss
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English,
大家好,欢迎收听BBC英语教学的地道英语,
I'm Neil and with me is Feifei.
我是尼尔,和我一起的是菲菲。
Hello.
大家好。
You seem a bit tired Neil.
你好像有点累呀尼尔。
Late night?
熬夜啦?
Yeah I had to go to this old university reunion thing - which was fine -
对,我不得不去大学老同学聚会什么的,这挺好的,
but by the time all the goodbyes and air kisses were over it was really late.
但是等到所有告别和飞吻都结束的时候确实很晚了。
Air kisses?
空气吻?
You were kissing the air?
你亲吻了空气?
You know, those kisses people give each other where their lips never actually touch each other's?
你知道吧?就是人们给彼此的吻,但是事实上他们从不会触碰到对方的嘴唇。
They just make the noise.
他们只是发出声音。
Ah yes I know.
啊是的我知道。
When you meet up with people you know at a social event and to greet and say goodbye you pretend to kiss.
当你碰到那些在社交活动中认识的人时,在打招呼或是告别的时候,你假装亲吻。
That's it.
就是这样的。
Usually you touch cheeks on either side and make a kissing noise but the lips never touch.
通常你们触碰任意一边的脸颊,发出亲吻的声音,但嘴唇从来不会接触。
Sometimes the cheeks don't touch either.
有时脸颊也不会接触。
And that is an air kiss.
这就是飞吻。
Let's hear some examples.
让我们来听几个例子吧。
I always feel so awkward at parties.
我在派对上总是会觉得很尴尬。
I hate all those air kisses and small talk.
我讨厌所有的飞吻和闲聊。
Urgh, so phoney!
啊,太假了!
Charles, so wonderful to see you, mwah!
查尔斯,见到你太高兴了,木嘛!
Mwah!
木嘛!
Charles?!
查尔斯?
No lips, please.
不要嘴唇接触,拜托。
Let's stick to air kisses.
让我们保持飞吻。
So, go on, tell me - did you kiss her?
嗯,继续,告诉我,你吻她了吗?
Well, I air-kissed her.
嗯,我和她飞吻了。
Does that count?
那算不算?
No it does not!
不那不算!
An air kiss.
飞吻。
A type of greeting and farewell between friends at social events.
社交活动中朋友们打招呼和告别的一种方式。
A kiss in which the two people's lips do not touch!
两个人的嘴唇在飞吻时是不会接触的!
That's it –
就是这样。
cheek to cheek and a big kissing noise into the air.
脸贴脸,在空气中制造出很大的亲吻的声音。
Mwah!
木嘛!
Shall we end with an air kiss to our audience?
我们能用飞吻来向听众们告别吗?
After all, they are our friends.
毕竟,他们是我们的朋友嘛。
Bye!
再见!
Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah.
木嘛,木嘛,木嘛,木嘛。