市场调查电话
Putting the feelers out
Bye bye Mr Socrates.
再见了,Mr Socrates。
He’s flying back to America leaving Tip Top Trading’s London team trying to work out how best to focus their business on the European market.
他刚和顶级贸易公司的伦敦团队离别,正要飞回美国,努力地想如何能在欧洲市场发展业务。
Sorry to keep you waiting.
抱歉让你久等了。
I had to go to the airport with Mr Socrates to see him off.
我必须去机场给Mr Socrates去机场送行。
We had a good chat in the taxi and he said some very positive things.
我们在出租车里谈得很开心,他还说了一些好事。
Oh yes. Like what?
噢,比如说?
Err, well… well, how nice English beer is.
额,比如,英国啤酒很好喝。
Yeah but what about the European marketing strategy – what are we going to do about that?
可是欧洲市场战略怎么办——我们该怎么做?
Well, Anna is supposed to lead on that, I’m taking a more biscuitorial control over it.
这个,Anna来负责,我更像是饼干方面的专家。
A what?
什么?
It means you do all the work while he eats all the biscuits!
他的意思是你来负责所有的工作,他负责吃饼干!
Do you mind Tom. Now, what I’m thinking is we put the feelers out – do some cold calling, see what people are buying at the moment.
你介意吗,Tom?现在,我想的是我们应该先把触角放出去——打些试探电话,看一下大家目前都买什么。
Cold calling? But I like to be warm when I’m on the phone.
冰冷的电话?可是我打电话喜欢热情一些。
No Anna. Cold calling is when you call prospective clients when they’re not expecting you to, to ask them something or to sell them something.
不是的,Anna。试探电话是在潜在客户预料之外时,给他们打电话,问他们一些问题或者向他们销售东西。
I’m very good at calling people.
我很擅长打这种电话。
Yeah, usually the hair dresser! So Paul, where do we begin, who do we call first?
对,通常是理发师!Paul,那我们从哪里开始,我们先给谁打电话?
Track down some potential clients in Europe, see what they’re buying now, see what they want in the future.
追踪欧洲的潜在客户,看一下他们现在买什么,还有他们未来会买什么。
Make them think it’s our laser-curved fruit they want!
让他们认为激光水果正是他们想要的!
But keep your calls brief, international calls are very expensive.
不过谈话尽量简洁,毕竟国际电话很贵的。
OK Anna, it’s time to cold call. What are you going to say?
好了,Anna,是时候打调查电话了。你打算说什么?
I don’t know.
我不知道。
Find someone to call, then be pleasant and polite.
找个人打电话,然后表现得愉快又有礼貌。
When you call, ask to speak to the person who deals with buying or purchasing. And then ask that person if they could spare a few minutes of their time.
打电话的时候,请求找负责采购的人说话。然后问他,能否占用他一些时间。
OK. Here goes. Let’s have a look… fruit growers, fruit pickers, fruit traders… Fruit Traders International… 0-0-4-3-9-8-4-5-5-4-4.
好,开始吧。让我们看一下,水果种植者,水果采摘者,水果商,国际水果商,0-0-4-3-9-8-4-5-5-4-4。
Bonjour?
你好?
Ah, erm, oh….
啊?
Don’t be surprised! You’ve called a company in France, they speak French. Just ask if it’s OK to speak English.
不用惊讶!你打电话的这家公司在法国,他们说法语。问他会不会说英语。
Oh hello. Is it possible to speak to you in English?
你好,可以和你说英语吗?
Oui… yes.
可以的。
Great. Are you the person who purchases plastic fruit for your company?
太好了。请问你是贵公司负责采购塑料水果的人吗?
I am. How can I help you?
我是,有什么可以帮你的?
Yes, can you spare a few minutes of your time? I want to sell you some laser-curved fruit.
嗯嗯,能占用你几分钟吗?我想给你推荐一些激光弯曲水果。
What?!
什么?
That’s a bit direct Anna. Slow down and tell them your name and why you’re calling.
Anna,这样过于直接了。慢点说,告诉他你的名字还有电话来意。
Find out something about them. Maybe say “I’d like to tell you about our great new laser-curved fruit”.
调查一下他们的情况。你可以说“我想给你介绍一下我们新型的激光弯曲水果的产品。”
Ask them “How much plastic fruit do you buy?” and at the end of the call say “thank you for your time. We hope to hear from you soon.” Give it a go Anna.
问问他们“你买的塑料水果花了多少钱?”,在电话结尾说“谢谢你给我的时间希望能得到你的回电。”开始吧,Anna。
OK. Erm… hello my name is Anna. How are you today?
好的。额,你好,我是Anna。你今天过得怎样?
Good thank you.
很好,谢谢。
That’s good. I’d like to tell you about our great new laser-curved fruit.
太好了。我想向你介绍一下我们最新型的激光弯曲水果。
Oh yes.
嗯好的。
Our company is called Tip Top Trading and we are the UK’s number 1 plastic fruit manufacturer – and well, we’re so proud of our fruit that we’ve decided to let the rest of Europe enjoy it too.
我们公司是顶级贸易公司,我们是全英国排名第一的塑料水果制造商——而且,我们对我们的水果感到很骄傲,所以我们决定让欧洲市场也能享受到它。
Very good Anna!
很好,Anna!
We make our fruit using laser-curved technology.
我们的水果制作用的是激光弯曲技术。
In fact we’ve just launched our best product ever, the Imperial Lemon – it looks so real you want to squeeze it.
事实上,我们刚刚发布了我们最棒的产品——帝国柠檬——它看起来就真实到你想用来榨汁。
Hmm, lemons, interesting.
嗯嗯,柠檬,有意思。
Anna’s got the hang of this – she’s on fire – I mean, she’s doing really well.
Anna已经明白了这点——她着火了——我的意思是,她做的很棒。
Her cold calling technique has really warmed up. She’s pitched the products now she needs to sell.
她的调查电话的技巧已经开始预热了。她现在已经能推销她要销售的产品了。
…so thank you for your time. I hope you may consider us when you next purchase some plastic fruit.
很感谢你的时间。我希望当你下次需要采购一些塑料水果的时候,可以考虑一下我们。
We will certainly consider your company.
我们一定会考虑你们公司的。
Well we hope to hear from you soon. Goodbye . Tom, Tom, how are you getting on?
那好,希望能听到你的消息。再见。Tom,Tom,你进行得怎么样了?
…well if that’s what you think then you can shove your kumquats… hello? Hello?
如果你真是这么想的话,你可以扔掉你们的金桔,你好?还在吗?
What’s wrong?
出什么事了?
They’ve hung up on me. Really! He said the plastic fruit industry is in meltdown. But Anna, if I don’t get any contracts soon I’ll be fired.
他们总挂掉我电话。真是的!他还说塑料水果产业不景气。可是Anna,如果我再拿不到合同,我很快就会被炒鱿鱼了。
Well, this calls for teamwork Tom – tomorrow, Tuesday, we’re going to tackle this task – together!
这需要团队合作,Tom。明天周二,我们一起来完成这个任务。
Hooray for Anna. Now she’s sounding like a leader. And she’s mastered cold calling by using some simple phrases, like these:
Anna万岁。现在的她说话像领导一样。她运用了这些句子掌握了调查电话:
My name is Anna. Can you spare a few minutes of your time?
我是Anna。能占用你几分钟吗?
I’d like to tell you about our great new laser-curved fruit
我想向你介绍一下我们最新型的激光弯曲水果。
How much plastic fruit do you buy?
你买的塑料水果花了多少钱?
Thank you for your time. We hope to hear from you soon.
很感谢你的时间。希望能听到你的消息。
Anna. There’s a call for you, from someone in France, they want to talk to you about lemons.
Anna,你的电话,法国打过来的,他们找你想聊聊柠檬的事。
Sounds promising. Find out what happens next time on English at Work. Bye.
听起来很有希望。看看下次工作中会发生什么。拜拜。