电话的故事
Telephone tell-tale
Hello. We're back at Tip Top Trading.
大家好。欢迎回到顶级贸易公司。
Anna is very busy dealing with Mr Lime's big order for Imperial Lemons.
Anna正忙着处理Mr Lime下的帝国柠檬大订单。
Yes? Who? I can't hear you. Mr what? What? Mr Who? I don't know, you tell me. Oh, you are Mr Hu, H-U: Hu. Er, No, Tom's busy. Call back later. Bye. Tom, Mr Hu called you.
是的?谁?我听不清。哪位先生?谁?谁先生?我不知道,请再说一次。噢,你是Mr Hu,HU:胡。额,不是,Tom在忙。等会再打过来。拜。Tom,Mr Who打电话找你。
Mr Hu-
Mr Who?
Mr Hu: H-U
Mr Who:H-U胡
Anna, Mr Hu is a very important-
Anna,Mr Hu是位非常重要的-
Oh! What now?! Yes?
噢!不是现在吧?!你好?
I'm going to have to talk to the boss about this.
我得跟老板说一下这个情况。
No. I'm busy, give me your number, I'll call you later. Yep, yep, 6... 8... thanks. Bye! Right, now where was I?
不不。我现在很忙,把你电话给我,我呆会给你打回去。是的,6…8…谢谢。拜!好了,我忙到哪了?
Anna, could I have a word?
Anna,方便能说句话吗?
Yes. Ohhh, he must want to tell me how pleased he is with the Citrus Ventures deal.
可以。噢,他一定想告诉我他对柑橘企业的这笔交易是有多么的满意。
Now, Anna... biscuit?
Anna…吃饼干吗?
Thank you.
谢谢。
I'm a little bit concerned about something.
我对有些事情有点担忧啊。
I'm a little bit concerned... Doesn't that mean something bad?
我有点担忧啊…难道这不是在说不好的事情?
Yes, Anna, Paul is using a polite turn of phrase to say he is unhappy about something.
是的,Anna,Paul是在用礼貌的措辞来表达自己对某事的不满意。
Let's see what he's got to say....
我们听听他要说啥…
I think you need to work on your telephone manner.
我觉得你的电话礼仪需要改进一下。
Work on my telephone manner?
改进我的电话礼仪?
It means the way you talk on the phone is not good enough and you have to improve it – to work on it to make it better.
他的意思是你的电话说话方式不够得体,你得改进一下——这方面做的更好。
Perhaps you should think about …
或许你应该考虑一下…
Perhaps you should think about – that's a polite way of telling you to do something!
或许你应该考虑一下——这是在用礼貌的方式告诉你应该怎么做!
Anna, are you listening to me?
Anna,你在听我说话吗?
Yes, sorry, I was just sort of, err, talking to myself. Could you repeat what you said please?
有,抱歉,我刚刚就是自言自语了。可以请你再说一次吗?
Right, I'll start again. I said: I'm a little bit concerned about your telephone manner.
可以,我会再说一遍。我说:我对你的电话礼仪表示担忧啊。
You need to work on the way you speak to clients.
你需要改进一下你对客户说话的方式。
Perhaps you should think about being a bit more polite to clients; it's important for the image of the company.
或许你对客户应该表现得更加地得体;这对公司形象是很重要的。
Oh okay.
噢,好的。
You can go now – take another biscuit with you – that's my last chocolate wafer, you lucky thing!
你可以回去了——再拿一块饼干吧——这是我最后一块巧克力薄脆饼,你太幸运了!
Anna? Is everything all right?
Anna?你还好吗?
Yes.
嗯嗯。
What's the matter?
发生什么了?
Paul says I need to w-w-w-work on my telephone manner.
Paul说我需要改,改进一下我的电话礼仪。
Well I was a bit concerned about it myself.
我曾经也对自己的这方面有些担心。
And I think Tom actually mentioned it to Paul.
我觉得事实上是Tom跟Paul提了一下。
But, look, I'll help you if you like.
不过,如果你愿意的话,我可以帮你。
I'm a bit of an expert on the phone.
我在接电话这方面也算是个小专家。
I'll give you some lessons.
我会好好教你的。
Oh thank you.
太谢谢你了。
Come in early tomorrow morning, before the others get here and we'll practise.
明天早上早点来,在大家上班之前,我们可以练习练习。
Thank you Denise, that's very kind.
谢谢你,Denise,你真是太好人了。
Wow! Denise is actually being nice to Anna. Amazing!
喔!Denise竟然对Anna这么友好。太神奇了!
Although from what I've heard of Denise on the phone, she's only ever gossiping with friends.
虽然我听她接电话的时候,多半是在和朋友们扯闲话。
Paul was very gentle and polite in the way he explained to Anna there was a problem and that she needed to improve some things. He used these phrases:
Paul对Anna解释她的问题时,说法的方式真是温柔又得体,还告诉Anna要有所改进。他用了这些说辞:
I'm a little bit concerned about...
我有点担忧啊…
You need to work on...
你需要改进一下…
Perhaps you should think about..
或许你应该考虑一下…
Let's see if Denise manages to teach Anna anything useful next time. Until then!
让我们看看Denise能否教Anna一些有用的东西。下次见!