如何订购物品?
How to place an order?
Welcome to the offices of Tip Top Trading...
欢迎来到顶级贸易公司……
Anna, are you going to answer that?
Anna,你要接电话吗?
Er, well, no. It's stopped now anyway.
呃,不。反正它也不响了。
...where Anna is behaving strangely.
……Anna的表现似乎有些不太对劲。
I gave you a long lesson on how to answer the phone and you're still too scared!
我教过你该怎么接电话,你竟然到现在还害怕!
It's not that.
才不是呢。
For goodness sake!
天哪!
Then what?
到底怎么了?
I recognise the number - it's Mr Lime!
我认出了那个电话号码——那是Lime先生!
Ha! Old Slimy Limy,
哈哈!老油条Limy,
he must be absolutely desperate to get you to have lunch with him – even after your cruel rejection.
他肯定发了疯的想请你和他共进午餐——就算你已经残忍的拒绝了他。
Here, I'll answer for you.
来,我替你接。
No!
不要!
I'll answer.
那我来。
Hello, Tip Top Trading, Anna's phone...
你好,顶级贸易公司,这是Anna的电话……
no, this is Denise speaking,
不,我是Denise,
Anna's busy at the moment.
Anna现在正忙,不方便接电话。
Can I take a message?...
我能帮您留言给她吗?
Yes... right....
好的……没问题……
I'll pass that on to her then…
等她回来我会转告她的……
thank you for calling. Goodbye.
感谢您的来电。再见。
Well.
怎么样?
Nothing about lunch.
他可没提午餐的事噢。
He wants each Imperial Lemon you deliver to come in a luxury green box
他说希望你送过去的皇家柠檬能用绿色的高档盒子包装。
like the one you had at the presentation.
就像你在介绍的时候用过的那种。
My goodness, we don't have many in stock,
天哪,那种盒子我们库存不多了,
I'll have to order some.
我要赶紧订一些。
Hello, this is Anna speaking from Tip Top Trading,
你好,我是顶级贸易公司的Anna,
I want some imperial lemon-sized luxury boxes.
我想要一些皇家柠檬尺寸的高档包装盒。
Woah, woah, woah.
喔,等等等等。
What?
怎么了?
Let's make this order a bit more politely okay?
在订购物品的时候能不能用稍微有礼貌的措辞?
Why are the English so obsessed with being polite!?
为什么说英语总是要讲究礼貌呢!?
Calm down Anna and listen to me.
冷静一下,Anna,听我说。
To put in an order for something, you need phrases like:
在订购物品的时候,你会用到以下一些句型:
I'd like to place an order for...
我想要订一些……
We're going to need...
我们需要……
Could you send...
您能寄些……
Could we also have...
我们还想订一些……
When can we expect to receive them?
什么时候我们可以收到?
Right...
好吧……
Hello, sorry about that...
您好,刚才很抱歉……
I'd like to place an order for some imperial lemon-sized luxury boxes, please...
我想订一些皇家柠檬尺寸的高档包装盒,谢谢……
we're going to need quite a few...
我们会需要挺多的……
could you send 300 please...
您能给我们送300个吗?
yes... the green ones...
是的……要绿色的。
could we also have the name of our company on the sides... please
我们还想在盒子的旁边印上我们公司的名字。
when can we expect to receive them...okay, thank you, goodbye.
请问我们什么时候能收到呢……好的,非常感谢,再见。
There! How was that?
怎么样!刚才我说的还行吧?
Good, well done!
恩,干的不错!
You'd better phone back Mr Lime to confirm he can have his boxes!
你最好再给Lime先生回个电话,告诉他盒子已经订好了!
Oh no!
我可不要!
He's your client!
他可是你的客户啊!
Yes Anna, he's your client!
是啊Anna, 他是你的客户,你可不能这样!
I'm scared he'll try and ask about lunch again.
我害怕他再约我吃午餐。
Then send him an email.
那就给他写封邮件。
Good idea!
好主意!
Copy in me, Tom and Paul, so it' s clear you mean business only.
发邮件的时候抄送给我、Tom还有Paul一份,这样他就知道这是一封比较正式的工作邮件。
Yes. Thanks Denise!
好的,谢谢Denise!
An email is much safer.
发邮件就安全多了。
Is it, Anna, is it? Hmmm...
是吗,Anna,发邮件真的就安全了吗?呃……
Anyway, here are the phrases Anna used to place her order:
好吧,下面再让我们来看看Anna下订单的时候用的一些句型:
I'd like to place an order for...
我想订一些……
We're going to need...
我们需要一些……
Could you send...
您能给我们送一些……
Could we also have...
我们还想订一些……
When can we expect to receive them?
什么时候我们可以收到?
Let's see if Anna's email is really such a good idea.
让我们拭目以待Anna的“邮件法”是不是真的管用。
I have a bad feeling about it.
我有种不祥的预感。
Until next time!
让我们下次来揭晓答案吧!