绵羊 “隐居” 七年后重返农场
Prickles the sheep has been found!
When we saw her across the dam, we thought, 'what is that? It is massive!’
当我们看到水坝对面的她时,我们想:那是什么?个头可真大!
Prickles the sheep is a master of self-isolation.
绵羊 “皮刺”(Prickles)是自我隔离大师。
She spent seven years alone,
她独自生活了七年,
lost in the Tasmanian bush.
迷失在塔斯马尼亚的灌木丛中。
In 2013, there was a huge bushfire and all the fences on our farm were burnt,
2013年,一场丛林大火烧毁了我们农场所有的围栏,
and so we had to rebuild them and we believe that Prickles was trapped in a bush block at the back of our farm then.
所以我们得重建围栏,我们认为 ‘皮刺’(Prickles)当时被困在了农场后面的灌木丛中。
We didn't know Prickles existed,
那时我们并不知道 ‘皮刺’(Prickles)的存在,
however we had an inkling because we set up some night-time cameras to see if we had any deer.
但有一丝头绪,因为我们在农场上装了夜视摄像机,用来查看周边是否有鹿。
One night, we saw this huge ball, fluffy thing,
一天晚上,我们看到一个巨大的球,毛茸茸的东西,
come and peer into the lens,
走了过来,盯着镜头看,
so we had a feeling there was some creature out there.
所以我们觉得好像有什么动物在那里。
So how was Prickles discovered?
那么,“皮刺”(Prickles)是怎样被发现的呢?
It was actually my son Barclay's sixth birthday.
那天其实是我儿子巴克莱的六岁生日。
And because we're in isolation,
因为在隔离期间,
we couldn't have a birthday party.
不能举办生日聚会,
So we went up to the back of our farm to have a barbeque,
所以我们去农场后面的围场烧烤,
and then it was there that we saw across the dam this huge sheep.
就在那里,我们看到了水坝对面的这只巨大的绵羊。
Alice's husband caught the enormous sheep.
爱丽丝的丈夫抓住了那只巨大的羊。
He was just clutching this gigantic sheep.
我丈夫紧紧抓住这只巨大的绵羊。
She was upside down,
她四脚朝天,
her wool is so thick.
身上的毛特别厚实。
She wasn't very happy about it,
她当时不太高兴,
but because she's in tremendous condition and she's very strong and so it actually took five adults to get her into the back of the ute [pick-up truck] to bring her back to the farmyard.
但是因为她的身体状况很好,而且她很强壮,所以实际上需要五个成年人才能把她带回农场。
Prickles is adjusting well to farm life.
“皮刺”(Prickles)正在很好地适应农场生活。
She's doing wonderfully.
她状况非常好。
You can probably see her in the background somewhere.
你应该在我身后能看到她。
She is surrounded by a little herd of sheep.
她身边围着一小群绵羊。
She's going to be staying in our retirement paddock for the rest of her life.
她会呆在退休动物围场里度过余生。
So she's going to spend her days in a happy place.
所以她将在一个快乐的地方生活。
Alice plans to put Prickles' enormous fleece to good use.
爱丽丝打算好好利用 “皮刺” (Prickles)身上大量的羊毛。
We were talking about how marvellous she is at social distancing.
我们谈到她保持社交距离的能力有多厉害。
And that got us thinking about Covid-19 and the sort of way we could use Prickles' fleece to help people.
这让我们想到了新冠肺炎,以及我们可以怎样利用 ‘皮刺’(Prickles)的羊毛来帮助他人。
And so we decided to have a "guess the weight of her fleece"
所以我们决定举办一场竞猜,猜她身上羊毛的重量,
competition and the money is going to go to UNHCR,
竞猜筹集来的资金将捐给联合国难民事务高级专员公署,
which is the United Nations Refugee Agency,
也就是联合国难民署,
because if there's one group of people on this planet who can't socially isolate,
因为地球上有一个群体是无法进行社交隔离的,
it is refugees.
那就是难民。
So we have a shearer booked and she's going to take off Prickles' fleece and we'll be able to announce the winner.
我们预约了一位剪毛工,她将剃掉 ‘皮刺’(Prickles)的羊毛,之后我们就能宣布竞猜获胜者。