热气球飞行家的故事
Hot-air balloon legend
It has a kind of a magical, gravity-defying feeling about it.
它有一种神奇的、失重的感觉。
You can fly much more low near the ground.
你可以飞得很低,接近地面。
And you can even talk to people on the ground, and you're going slow enough to appreciate what is floating past you.
你甚至可以和在地面上的人交谈,而且缓慢的飞行速度是欣赏身边飘过的美景的良机。
I’m Don Cameron, and we’re in the balloon factory here in Bristol - Cameron Balloons.
我是唐·卡梅伦。我们在布里斯托尔的气球工厂——卡梅伦气球。
We do special-shaped balloons,
我们制作特殊形状的气球,
and we can make almost any shape.
几乎所有的形状都能做。
Animals are most fun I suppose.
制作动物形状的气球是最有趣的。
We built all sorts of animals - dinosaurs and squirrels, almost everything.
我们做过各种各样的动物——恐龙、松鼠,无奇不有。
It was a group of us from the gliding club who decided to build our own balloon.
我们滑翔俱乐部里的一群人决定自己做一个热气球。
And we built the first modern hot-air balloon this side of the Atlantic.
我们制作了欧洲的第一个现代热气球。
It was called the Bristol Belle.
它被称为布里斯托尔贝莱Bristol Belle。
We started work in 1966 and didn't finish it until the summer of 1967.
我们从1966年开始制作它,直到1967年夏天才结束。
Building balloons over the years hasn't changed a great deal.
这些年来,制作热气球的工序并没有改变多少。
It's still done with sewing machines.
热气球现在还是用缝纫机做的。
It's still done with a light fabric.
还是用轻薄的布料做的。
Here you see people packing a balloon into a bag.
这里你可以看到人们把气球塞进一个袋子里。
They're having to work quite hard to get it in there.
他们必须使劲装才能把它装进去。
Now, that looks like a big one - it's quite heavy.
这个看起来像是个大的,应该很重。
Anything that has a bit of bulk to it, a bit of shape, a bit of volume, we wouldn’t admit defeat on.
就算一个热气球比较大,形状奇特,体积大,我们也不会轻易认输。
It's totally different from being in an aeroplane.
乘坐热气球和坐飞机的体验完全不同。
Flying a hot-air balloon is a kind of magical experience, but it’s hard to explain.
乘坐热气球飞行是一个奇妙的经历,很难用语言描述。
You really have to try it.
必须得自己去体会。