让我试试吧
Have a pop
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收看BBC地道英语。我是菲菲。
…and hello, I'm Rob.
大家好,我是罗伯。
Rob, I'm having a bit of trouble with my computer…
罗伯,我电脑出了点问题……
What, again! What's the problem this time?
什么?又出问题了!这次是怎么了?
Well, I've written the script for this programme, but it won't save.
嗯,我给这期节目写了篇稿子,但不能保存了。
And I can't print it out - this computer just does not work. Can you fix it?
也不能打印……这台电脑就是不好用。你会修吗?
Let me have a pop at it.
让我“have a pop”吧。
A pop? Are you going to make it explode? That's a bit extreme, Rob.
砰?你要让它爆炸吗?这有点太过了,罗伯。
Don't worry, Feifei. If I have a pop at something, I just mean I'll try and do it –
别担心,菲菲。如果我说“have a pop at something”,意思就是我要试一试——
so I'll have a go at doing something, like fixing your computer…
也就是说我要尝试做某件事,比如帮你修电脑……
Right! OK, Rob, have a pop then. But just don't delete all my work.
太好了,罗伯!快试一试吧。不过可别把我的稿子给删了。
Don't worry, Feifei, I would never do that, would I?
别担心,菲菲。我可不会删你的稿子,不是吗?
Let's hear some more examples of the phrase while I sort this out…
我检查检查问题,咱们也一起听一听这些例子吧。
I'm going to have a pop at doing this online application for a passport – apparently it's really easy.
让我试一试在网上申请护照吧——似乎挺容易的。
We had a pop at making a cake but we baked it for too long and it burnt!
我们试着做蛋糕,不过烤的时间太长,蛋糕都糊了!
Why not have a pop at yoga? I've heard it's good for your mind, body and soul.
为什么不试试做瑜伽呢?听说瑜伽对我们的大脑、身体和精神都有益处。
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English and we're talking about the phrase 'have a pop', which means to try something.
这里是BBC地道英语栏目,我们正在讨论短语“have a pop”的意思,就是“尝试做某事”。
So, Rob, you've had a pop at fixing my computer… any luck?
所以,罗伯,你已经试着在修我的电脑了,好了吗?
Ermm, not exactly. Everything seems to have disappeared from the screen.
呃,还没有。好像屏幕上什么都不显示了。
Let me look… no! You have deleted my script.
让我看看……天哪!你把我的稿子给删了。
Hmm, Rob, did you know that 'have a pop' has another meaning?
罗伯,你知道吗,“have a pop”还有另一个意思?
Oh yeah, what's that?
是吗,什么意思?
To 'have a pop' also means to criticise or even to try and hit someone.
“Have a pop”还可以指批评、甚至去“打人”。
And I'm going to have a pop at you for losing my script.
你弄丢了我的稿子,等着挨打吧。
Hold… hold on, Feifei.
等……等一下,菲菲。
If we don't have a script, we won't know what will happen next.
如果我们没有了稿子,我们就不知道接下来会发生什么了。
I think the listeners know, Rob, don't they? Bye.
我觉得听众们会知道的,罗伯,不是吗?拜拜~
Bye. Ouch!
拜~哎呦……