懒到骨头里
Bone idle
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei and… excuse me please…
我是菲菲……打扰一下……
Rob, can we have your attention please!
罗布,你能注意一下这里吗?
Err, oh alright then… hello, I'm Rob.
呃,噢好吧……大家好,我是罗布。
Rob, could you take your feet off the table please!
罗布,你能把你的脚从桌子上拿开吗!
Oh, alright then.
噢好吧。
Feifei, do I have to present this programme today?
菲菲,我今天必须得主持这期节目吗?
Why, what's wrong?
为什么这么问,怎么了?
Well, I've done so much work already and according to my watch, I should be having a coffee break now.
嗯,我已经做了这么多工作了,看手表上的时间,我现在应该休息一下,去喝个咖啡的。
Really!
真的吗!
Rob's being lazy because he was out late last night.
罗布在犯懒了,因为他昨晚回来晚了。
Rob, there is a phrase to describe your condition.
罗布,这里有一个表达方式来描述你的情况。
Oh yes.
噢是吗。
Overworked?
劳累过度的?
Energetic?
精力充沛的?
No – the opposite.
不,恰恰相反。
It's bone idle –
是“懒到骨头里”,
literally, you are idle right through to your bones.
从字面意思上来看,就是你的骨头都又懒又闲的。
In other words, you are very lazy!
换句话说,就是你懒极了!
It's a great phrase Feifei but that doesn't describe me.
这是个很棒的表达方式菲菲,但是这可不是来描述我的。
Look I've just moved my little finger.
看我刚刚动了动我的小手指。
Ha ha, I think we had better hear some more examples while you move the rest of your body.
哈哈,我觉得我们最好在你动你身体其他部位时,再听几个例子。
The doctor has told my brother to do more exercise,
医生对我弟弟说多做运动,
but he won't do it, he's bone idle.
但他不会这么做的,他懒到骨头里了。
You're bone idle –
你懒到骨头里了,
you've been at home all day and you're still in your pyjamas!
你一整天都在家,现在还穿着睡衣呢!
My boyfriend's bone idle –
我男朋友懒到骨头里了,
he won't even get off the sofa to answer the phone.
他甚至不愿意离开沙发去接电话。
So the phrase 'bone idle' means very lazy – like Rob!
所以“懒到骨头里”这个表达方式意思是非常懒,就像罗布一样!
Hey Rob, I hear it's Dan's birthday today and he's brought a cake in for us all to share.
嗨,罗布,我听说今天是丹的生日,他带了一个蛋糕给我们来分享。
Cake!
蛋糕!
I love cake – great, come on let's get some before it all eaten.
我爱蛋糕,太棒了,快点,让我们在它全部被吃完之前来一些吧。
Ah, you're moving now –
啊,你现在动了,
but you're not going anywhere until you've finished this programme.
但是在这期节目结束之前,你哪里也不能去。
Come on then, tell me what to say.
那就快点吧,告诉我要说啥。
Just read this script.
读稿子就行了。
Right...OK let me see.
对……好的,让我看看。
Hold on, the script says you're about to say 'it's not Dan's birthday, it's a joke.'
等一下,稿子里说你要说“这不是丹的生日,开个玩笑。”
Sorry Rob, it is a joke – but it did stop you from being bone idle!
抱歉罗布,这是个玩笑,但这确实让你不再继续懒到骨头里了。
Right, that's it.
对,是这样的。
I'm not going to do anymore work for the rest of the day.
今天我不会再做任何工作了。
No change there.
那可是没有什么改变啊。
Rob, I've got a new name for you.
罗布,我给你取了个新名字。
Oh, yes, what's that?
噢是吗,是啥?
Lazy bones.
懒骨头。
You're cruel.
你好残忍。
Bye.
再见。
Bye-bye.
再见。