关于云的疑团
Cloud of suspicion
Hello I'm Rob. Welcome to 6 Minute English. I'm joined today by Finn.
大家好,欢迎收听六分钟英语节目。我是Rob,今天的嘉宾是Finn。
Hello.
大家好。
Now, Finn, could you give us a smile, please?
Finn,笑一个,就现在!
Oh, OK, hang on…
非常好,保持住!
Say cheese!
说个cheese!
Oh, are you going to take a picture of me with that smartphone? Hang on; just let me comb my hair a bit.
你是要用手机给我拍照么?等一下,我拢拢头发。
Finn, Finn, Finn, you look fine. Don't worry about it.
Finn,你这样就很好,不用担心。
This isn't quite right. I just want to... have you got a mirror?
没有很好啊,有镜子么,我想整理一下?
No I haven't. Just hold it there, OK? Hold it there (he takes a picture). Nice.
没有诶,就保持这样不要动!搞定。
OK, let's have a look.
让我看一眼。
Right. I'm gonna save that now... OK, that's it: it's gone to the cloud!
恩,我正在保存,诶,保存到云上了。
Really?
真的么?
Yes. we'll be able to look at that later on my laptop.
是啊,一会儿就可以在电脑上看到了。
Ah, the cloud! You don't mean the one in the sky, of course.
云!你并非在说天上的云吧。
No.
是啊。
You mean the huge computers where companies like Apple, Facebook and Google store their users' pictures, videos and documents.
你指的是像苹果、Facebook、谷歌那样的大公司储存用户图片、视频和文档的巨型计算机是吧?
You know, I'm a little suspicious about the cloud.
恩,其实我对云的安全性有些怀疑。
Are you?
怎么讲?
Well, I just don't want lots of people looking at that picture. Mainly because my hair doesn't look quite right.
恩,我只是不希望太多人看到我刚才那张照片,我觉得我的发型不怎样。
You're so vain. Gosh! It's too late now. But you look fine so you can share it with the world.
这么在意外形吖!不过已经晚啦。你这张看着其实还不错,可以分享到其他地方。
OK.
好的。
Think about those poor celebrities who've had their nude pictures leaked online.
想想那些名人吧,他们多可怜,裸照都被泄露流传在网络上。
Leaked - now this refers to pictures that were being kept hidden being made available to the public.
Leaked这里指的是隐私照片被泄露给公众。
They were leaked to the public. Actress Jennifer Lawrence, who starred in the Hunger Games movies, was one as was the singer Rhianna.
一些明星的裸照被外泄到网络上,比如说饥饿游戏电影女主角Jennifer Lawrence,还有歌手Rhianna.
This incident has made people discuss the issue of privacy on the internet.
这次大规模的私照外泄引发了公众关于隐私问题的讨论。
Privacy means being free from public attention. And in this programme you'll hear useful words for giving your opinion on this subject.
Privacy值得是免于大众目光的隐私内容。在今天的节目中,我们会介绍讨论隐私会用到的相关词汇。
Yes. The celebrities were very angry.
是啊,名人对于隐私外泄都感到愤怒。
They thought they could keep their pictures private because they were in the cloud protected by a password -
她们认为隐私照片在云中进行过加密,理应受到保护。
a word or sequence of numbers that only they knew and which is required for them to gain access to what is stored in their name.
进入储存私密照片的文件夹需要输入只有她们本人知晓的密码。
The US federal police - that's the FBI - have been investigating this to find the hackers involved.
美国联邦警察\调查局已经介入此事,搜捕此次泄露照片的黑客。
Hackers are people who understand a lot about computers and use flaws - or little problems - in the software to gain access to a computer file, or network, illegally.
Hacker指的是利用计算机缺陷或故障非法入侵个人计算机获取文件或网络的人。
Today we have passwords for everything. And we have so many devices - like smartphones and laptops and computers -
如今我们天天与密码相伴,这么多电子设备手机、笔记本电脑、电脑。
so I'm going to ask you a question about smartphones.
那问你一个关于手机的问题好啦。
OK. Very good.
来吧。
According to research, how many people had mobile phones in 2013? Was it:
根据调查,2013年全球持有手机的人数是多少呢?选项有:
a) 1.4 million people
a) 140 万人
b) 14 million people
b) 1400 万人
c) 1.4 billion people
c) 14 亿人
Across the whole world?
全世界么?
Yup.
是的。
I think this is got to be: c) 1.4 billion people.
我觉得应该是c) 14 亿人.
Well, you'll get the correct answer at the end of the programme.
答案将来节目最后揭晓。
Right. Let's talk more about privacy online. People are more and more concerned about it.
继续来聊聊网上隐私安全吧,越来越多的人重视这个问题。
Listen to the advice internet expert Oliver Crofton gives us.
来听听互联网专家Oliver Crofton怎么说。
Which word does he use to describe how you have to be when putting things into the cloud?
他是用哪个词描述我们将事物放入云时的状态呢?
【Oliver Crofton, expert on the internet】
【Oliver Crofton,互联网专家】
I think ultimately it's about being slightly savvy on what you put into the cloud.
我认为人们在将事物上传云时,最终头脑会更加清明。
If you have a private or sensitive photograph,
如果这张照片是涉及隐私或者敏感内容,
or a contract or some sort of document that has public interest and that people will want to try and get,
或者内容涉及公众利益而其他人有篡夺之心,
just think twice about putting it into an environment such as a Cloud, of which you don't really have any control over.
在将内容上传到你所不能完全掌控的环境,比如云,你应该三思而后行。
He says people have to be 'savvy' - now, that means well-informed and quite shrewd, you know, thinking carefully about things.
他提到人们应该保持savvy,意思是人们应该保持头脑清明,需要再三考量。
He advises us to be very careful before putting documents and pictures onto these websites owned by big corporations.
他建议,在将图片和文档上传到大公司的这些网站时需要谨慎。
Yes, because he says we don't have any control over their computers - you don't know how secure your documents are.
恩,因为他说我们无法完全掌握那些领域,不知道那里是否足够安全可靠。
Yeah, you know Rob, I can see why people are suspicious of these things.
恩,我能理解为什么人们会云表示怀疑。
Well, let's see what the BBC technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones has to say.
接下来听听BBC科技记者Rory Cellan-Jones怎么讲的吧。
Rory explains howsome cloud companies are offering to make the cloud more secure.
他解释了大公司如何保证云的安全。
Which word does he use to describe this kind of security process and it also means 'identification of the user'?
他是用哪个词表示一项安全程序来实现用户识别的呢?
【Rory Cellan-Jones, BBC technology correspondent】
【Rory Cellan-Jones,BBC科技记者】
Many cloud companies now offer an added layer of security called 'two-factor authentication',
现在很多云储存的公司提供一个额外的安全层——即“使用双重认证”。
where users have to enter a code sent to their mobile phone as well as a password to get into their accounts.
用户需要给手机发送一个代码,才能使用密码进入账户。
OK, the word was 'authentication' - now, that's confirmation that someone is who they say they are. And the company actually uses two steps to do this.
这个词是authentication,指的是认证身份。公司通过认证和密码两步确认保障安全。
Yes. After you try to access your account, they send a code - probably a series of numbers -
是的,如果你想登陆账户,需要公司给你发送代码,就是一串数字
to your mobile phone, so it's an extra bit of information that only you know.
到你的手机上,这也成为你独有的信息之一。
We really all should be very careful about how we protect our computers, and our tablets and our smartphones, things like that.
恩,我们确实应该小心保护好自己的私人计算机、平板电脑、手机。
Talking about smartphones, let's go back to my question.
说道手机,还记得我的问题么?
OK.
记得。
I asked you how many people had mobile phones in 2013. Was it: 1.4 million people, 14 million people, or 1.4 billion people?
我问你2013年全球手机用户有多少人?选项是140万、1400万、和14亿。
And I said 1.4 billion - the big one.
我猜的是人数最多的14亿。
And you are correct!
猜对啦。
OK!
棒!
Yes, by the end of 2013, about 1.4 billion people owned and used smartphones and by the end of 2014 this number will increase by 25% -
是的,在2013年底,手机用户已经达到14亿,并且到2014年底这个数字还将增长25%。
this is according to the research company eMarketer.
数据来自于eMarketer。
Wow! What a lot of phones, Rob!
好多手机啊,Rob!
Indeed. Well, our time is up so let's remember some of the words we've explained today.
是的,现在我们一起回顾一下今天的词汇。
They were:cloud,leak,privacy,password,hackers,savvy,authentication.
它们是.
That's it for today. Do log on to bbclearningenglish.com - there's no password - to find more 6 Minute English.Bye for now!
今天的节目就到这样,更多精彩请收听往期节目,不要密码就能打开呢!下期节目再会!
Bye.
再见!