获奖时刻!
Award winning!
Welcome back to English at Work. Paul, Anna and Tom are at an important International Plastics Conference.
欢迎回到职场英语。上期说到Paul、Anna和Tom去参加重要的国际塑料大会。
It’s been a busy day of networking but the big boss from America, Mr Socrates, has told Paul some bad news.
三人一直忙着扩大人脉,可美国来的大老板Socrates先生却带来了一些坏消息。
Before he tells the team, there is an important award to be won – the Plastic Innovation of the Year award.
Paul打算颁完塑料创新奖后再将消息告诉大家。
Will Tip Top Trading win it? I hope you’ve written your acceptance speech Anna.
顶级贸易公司最终能赢得大奖吗?Anna,你写获奖感言了吧?
Yes, I’m just doing it now.
恩,我正在写呢!
You’ve left it a bit late.
有点晚哦~
I’ve been so busy and now I’m really struggling. I don’t know what to write.
的确是,可我一直很忙,而且真不知道写啥。
Well, don’t forget to say “On behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award”.
好吧,别忘了说“我仅代表顶级贸易公司的所有员工,感谢大会授予我公司此奖项”。
Or, you could say “our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation”.
“我公司始终走在塑料创新的最前沿”。
Tell the audience “this award is a real boost for everyone working at the company”. Say that and you’ll be fine.
告诉观众“此大奖将鼓舞公司员工努力工作”。Anna,就这样说,没事的。
…working at the company. Good, got it. Thanks. Oh hi Tom, how have you got on?
恩,公司所有员工。好了,写完了。谢谢。嗨,Tom,你那边怎样?
Great great. I’ve been hanging out with some of our clients – keeping them sweet, you know what I mean?
很不错。我刚刚一直与客户闲逛,尽力讨好他们。你知道我说的是什么意思吗?
Err, I don’t actually know. But I’ve had some success. Oh, here comes Paul. Hi Paul.
呃,真不知道。不过我也有些成就啊。哦,Paul过来了。嗨,Paul。
Oh hello. Having a good day?
哦,嗨。今天过得开心吗?
Yes, we’re just talking about our success – let’s hope we win that Plastic Innovation of the Year award, eh?
开心啊。我俩刚还讨论所获成就呢。真希望公司能赢得塑料创新奖,是吧?
Oh yes... let’s hope so. Although that means I’ve got to read out that speech you wrote for me.
哦,是啊,当然希望。不过一旦获奖,我就得去宣读你为我写的演讲稿了。
Public speaking is not really one of my things.
哎,我是真不擅长公众演讲啊。
Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats for our special award ceremony.
女士们,先生们,请大家坐好,参加颁奖仪式。
OK, here’s your speech Paul.
好的,Paul,给你演讲稿。
We’ve got to win first.
那我们得先获奖啊!
Shhh shhh. Listen!
嘘,别说话,听着!
Thank you everyone for attending this year’s conference.
感谢大家出席颁奖典礼。
As you know, the highlight of the day is announcing the winner of our Plastic Innovation Award.
如你们所知,今天的亮点是颁发塑料创新奖。
So, without further ado, let’s find out who this year’s winner is. It is… Tip Top Trading for their Imperial Lemon.
好了,事不宜迟,一起看看今年的获胜者是谁吧。他就是,就是,顶级贸易公司的帝国柠檬!
Hey, that’s us. We’ve actually won!
嘿,是我们,我们得奖了。
Oh crumbs. I suppose I’d better do my speech now.
哦,天哪,该我去讲感言了。
Yeah… go on Paul you can do it!
是啊,Paul,快去吧,你可以的!
OK, right. Whooah… ouch.
好吧,好吧。呜。。。哎呦。
Oh no. Paul’s tripped over that chair. (Paul moaning from distance)
啊,不是吧。Paul被椅子绊倒了。(Paul在远处呻吟着)
Is there anyone from Tip Top Trading here?
顶级贸易公司的人在吗?
Anna, you’ll have to do the speech – you did write it after all.
Anna,你去讲感言吧,毕竟稿子是你写的。
What me?! I can’t. (Paul moaning)
什么?我去?不行,我可不行。(Paul仍在呻吟着)
Go on. You’ll be fine and besides I’m no good at public speaking.
快去吧,没事的。再说,我也不擅长公众演讲。
Yes you can do it Anna! Just start by saying ‘ladies and gentlemen’.
Anna,你可以的。记得开始要说“女士们,先生们”。
Oh, if I have to. Erm… ladies and gentlemen.
好吧,那我去。呃,女士们,先生们。
On behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award… our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation.
我仅代表顶级贸易公司的所有员工,感谢大会授予我公司此奖项。我公司始终走在塑料创新的最前沿。
(Shouting out) Yeah!
(大喊)是的!
Erm… thanks Tom. This award is a real boost for everyone working at the company.
呃,谢谢Tom。此大奖将鼓舞公司员工努力工作。
We pride ourselves on innovation, quality and err… plastic fruit. And coming soon, we’ll be launching a new plastic aubergine.
我们为自己的创新、品质及塑料水果感到自豪!不久后,我们将推出新产品——塑料茄子。
Ow, my big toe!
噢,我的大脚趾!
So thank you everyone, this really means a lot to us.
真心感谢大家,此奖对我们的意义很深刻。
Brilliant Anna.
太棒了,Anna。
Yes splendid. Well done Anna.
是啊,Anna,讲的不错。
Well done indeed. Anna saved the day again by making that speech.
的确不错!Anna今天又挽救了大局。
She sounded confident and genuinely happy about getting the award.
得奖时的她听起来自信又高兴。
Here’s a reminder of some of things she said:
一起回顾下她刚刚的感言吧。
Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award.
女士们,先生们,我仅代表顶级贸易公司的所有员工,感谢大会授予我公司此奖项。
Our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation.
我公司始终走在塑料创新的最前沿。
This award is a real boost for everyone working at the company.
此大奖将鼓舞公司员工努力工作。
This award really means a lot to us.
它对我们的意义很深刻。
Are you OK now Paul?
Paul,你没事了吧?
Yes, sorry, that was rather unfortunate and a bit embarrassing too, but… hold on… what’s happening now?
恩,没事了。对不起啊,刚刚很不幸,而且有点尴尬。但是。。。哎,等下,那边什么情况?
Ladies and gentlemen, before you go, we have one more award to present.
女士们,先生们,现在颁发最后一个大奖。
Oooh!
呼!
We have a special award. ‘Employee of the Year’. This recognises someone’s achievements and contribution to the plastics industry.
我们设置了一个特别奖项——最佳员工奖来表彰对塑料业做出成就和贡献的人。
At last, I’ve been recognised.
哇塞,我终于被认可了。
Please welcome Brad Socrates from Tip Top Trading International to award the prize.
有请国际顶级贸易公司的Brad Socrates上台颁奖。
Out the way. Where’s the Goddamn envelope?
麻烦让一下。呃,该死的信封哪去了?
OK, right, (announcing) and the award goes to… Anna from Tip Top Trading.
哦,找到了。(公布获奖人选)最佳员工奖的得主是。。。顶级贸易公司的Anna。
Me? Bbbut I…
我?可是。。。
Go on Anna. You deserve it. Go and make another speech!
去吧,Anna,你应该得奖的。再做一次演讲吧!
(Getting tearful) Thank you everyone – this is amazing.
(眼含泪水)谢谢大家,这太让我吃惊了。
This girl is amazing. In just one year she has risen from an apprentice to a champion.
Anna是个令人惊叹的女孩。仅用一年时间,她便从学徒晋升为了冠军。
It’s great to have her on board. (Aside to Anna) I think we should talk about your salary later hey?
有她这样的员工,真是我们的荣幸。(在一边对Anna说)Anna,稍后我们谈谈你的薪水吧?
Can things get any better for Anna? I think they can. Join us again soon for more English at Work. Bye.
事情会向有利于Anna的方向发展吗?我想答案是肯定的。记得收听下一期职场英语。拜拜~