意料之外的事
The big cheese
Hello again. Things haven't been going well at Tip Top Trading.
又和大家见面啦,顶级贸易公司今天看起来情况似乎不太妙啊。
There was a fire in the warehouse, caused by my Mr Ingle's cigarette and now Mr Socrates –
库房发生了火灾,是Ingle先生吸烟引起的,而现在,Socrates先生——
the big boss from America - has turned up unexpectedly.
美国的大老板突然出现了。
So honey, you are…?
亲爱的,你是……?
Anna. I'm Anna, I work here as a sales executive.
Anna,我叫Anna。我是这的销售代表。
We haven't met before.
我们之前没见过。
We sure ain't. Looks like I've arrived just in the nick of time.
的确是。看来我来的不太是时候啊。
(Out of breath)…what's going on…..oh, Mr Socrates!
(上气不接下气)……怎么了……噢,是Socrates先生!
Golly gosh, what an unexpected pleasure.
天哪,可真是意外的荣幸啊。
Unexpected alright. Looks like this company is in a mess.
意外是真的。看来我们公司一团糟啊。
Err yes. It was OK when I popped out for some biscuits….
呃,不过我出去买饼干的时候还好好的呢。
erm, would you like one?
额,来一块吗?
Biscuits?! They're cookies man.
饼干?不就是曲奇饼吗。
Look, now what do I have to do to get a triple-shot, organic, skinny cappuccino round here?
现在谁给我弄一杯卡布奇诺来?
I'll get you one Mr Socrates.
我去给您拿来,Socrates先生。
It's OK honey. I need you to book me a hotel room.
没事了,亲爱的,我需要你帮我订一间酒店。
You...what's your name again…Paul…you can fetch me one.
你……你的名字叫什么来着……Paul……你来帮我拿一杯来吧。
Right Anna. Booking a room for Mr Socrates.
好的,Anna。给Socrates先生定酒店。
This is something you can't get wrong.
有些事你可千万不能弄错。
Well I've never done it before.
可是我之前没做过这种事情。
I'm sure you'll be OK.
我相信你肯定行的。
When you book a room, here's what you could say:
订酒店的时候,你会用到下面这些句子:
Hello, I'd like to check availability and prices for a room please.
你好,我想查一下有没有空房间以及房间的价格。
Does the price include breakfast?
价格里面包括早餐吗?
Are there any business facilities such as internet and wi-fi?
酒店里面有没有办公设施,比方说网络或者wi-fi?
I'd like to go ahead and make the reservation please.
我先给您发送一下确认函吧。
OK I'll give it a try. But where shall I look?
好的,我来试试,但是我该上哪找酒店呢?
Try searching on the internet. Look for a five-star hotel.
上网搜搜看。找一个五星级酒店。
He is a five-star guest after all. Good luck.
他可是位五星级的贵宾啊。加油!
Thanks. I better get back to the office and get started.
谢谢,我最好赶快回办公室。
Hi Anna.
嗨,Anna。
Oh hi Tom. Well done for saving Mr Ingle in that fire.
噢,是Tom啊,你刚才太棒了,把Ingle先生从火场里救了出来。
You were very brave.
你真勇敢。
It was nothing really. So…err...what are you doing?
没什么啦。那么……额……你在干嘛呢?
I've got to book a hotel for Mr Socrates.
我在给Socrates先生订酒店。
No! You know, we must be in trouble. He never visits.
不!你知道吗,我们一定有麻烦了,他从不来我们这的。
Really? So where shall I book him in to?
真的?那我该上哪给他定酒店呢?
Well my friend runs a fantastic hotel – it's five star!
正好我的一个朋友在开酒店——可是五星级的哦!
It's called the Royal Imperial. Look, I've got his number.
叫皇家帝国酒店。我这有他们的电话。
Give him a call, mention my name. You're bound to get a special rate.
打电话给他们,提我的名字就行,他们会给你一个优惠折扣的。
Thanks Tom.
谢谢你啦
No problem. Oh but don't forget, I've heard Mr S only likes a room with a single bed in it.
不用谢,不过你可别忘了,我听说S先生只喜欢有一张床的房间。
He gets spooked out if there's another empty bed.
如果他发现房间里多出一张空床的话他会被吓坏的。
Oh right. OK, I might as well give it a try.
好的,我知道了,我这就打电话。
Hello. Royal Imperial Hotel.
你好,皇家帝国酒店
Oh, hello. I'd like to check availability and rates for a room.
你好,我想查一下有没有空房间还有房间价格。
When for?
您什么时间入住?
For three nights from tonight.
从今晚开始,总共三晚。
Your best room please!
请给我你们最好的房间!
All our rooms are the best! But…yes, we have one.
我们所有的房间都是最好的!不过……我们有一间特别好的。
It's ?100 a night.
100英镑一晚。
Right. I work with Tom…Tom Darcy…his friend runs the hotel.
好的,我的同事是Tom……Tom Darcy……贵酒店是他朋友开的。
I wondered if you could offer me a special rate?
我想知道你们能不能给我一个优惠折扣?
Tom Darcy? No I've never heard of him.
Tom Darcy?我从没听过这个人啊。
Sorry, it's still ?100.
对不起,价格还是100英镑。
Does the price include breakfast?
价格里面包含早餐吗?
Yes. We offer a full continental breakfast of toast, or bread, oh, and tea…or coffee….and cereal.
是的,我们提供全套的欧式早餐,有土司或者面包,噢,还有茶或者咖啡。还有麦片粥。
Oh. And do you have any business facilities?
好的。那你们有什么商务设施吗?
Well, we've got paper and pens.
我们有笔和纸。
I was thinking, internet, wi-fi… shoe-shine?
那你们有网络、wi-fi……或者擦鞋机吗?
Yes. We've got that.
是的,我们都有。
Good. And most importantly, is this a single room?
好的,最重要的一点是,这个房间是单人房吗?
We've only got twin rooms.
我们只有双人间。
Twins? You've only got room for twins?
双人间?你们只有双人间?
No. We could take a bed out and just leave one in, if you want?
也不是,如果你一定要单人间的话,我们可以拿出一张床。
Oh that would be perfect.
那样最好了。
In that case, I'd like to go ahead and make a reservation please.
这样的话我就可以给你们发确认函了。
Good. How would you like to pay?
好的,您想怎样付款呢?
Well done Anna for booking the hotel but I have a feeling Tom's recommendation may not be as luxurious as he says.
做得好,Anna成功地给老板订好了酒店。只不过我有种感觉,Tom推荐的这个酒店似乎没有他说的那么好。
Let's hear the phrases Anna used when booking a hotel:
让我们再来回顾一下Anna订酒店的时候用到的句子吧:
Hello, I'd like to check availability and prices for a room please.
你好,我想查一下有没有空房间以及房间的价格。
Does the price include breakfast?
价格里面包括早餐吗?
Are there any business facilities such as internet and wi-fi?
贵酒店有什么商务设施吗,比方说网络或者wi-fi?
I'd like to go ahead and make the reservation please.
我可以给你们下确认函了。
So the room is booked.
所以房间已经定好啦。
I wonder what Mr Socrates will think of it?
不知道Socrates先生住得还满意吗?
He's a particularly fussy man as we'll find out next time. Bye!
他可以是个很挑剔的人啊,我们下期来看看他的反应吧。再见!