英国第一健康比萨饼
UK's first healthy pizza
Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English, I'm Jennifer and with me today is Rob.
大家好!欢迎来到BBC英语学习的《六分钟英语》节目。我是Jennifer,并且今天和我一起主持的是Rob。
Hello Jennifer!
你好,珍妮弗!
You look cheerful today.
你今天看上去很高兴。
Ah that’s because today is takeaway night!
啊!那是因为今天是外卖的夜晚!
I always allow myself one night a week where I don’t have to cook and I order food instead.
我总是允许自己一个星期中有一晚,我不用做饭,取而代之的是订餐。
Very nice, if a bit lazy…
很好,但也有点懒惰...
What’s your favourite takeaway food, then?
那你最喜欢的外卖食品是什么呢?
I like a bit of everything really, Chinese food, Indian food, Thai…
我真的什么都喜欢一点,中国菜,印度菜,泰国...
And obviously good old fish and chips do the trick every time!
并且很明显好的老鱼和土豆片每次都能很成功。
None of those are really very healthy though…
尽管这些都不是很健康……
I don’t think that takeaway food is supposed to be healthy, is it?
我认为外卖食品不被认为是健康的,不是吗?
In my mind it’s more of a treat.
在我的头脑中,那更意味着是一种款待。
Well today on 6 Minute English we’re taking a look at a takeaway food that claims to be better for you, and it’s one of my favourites - pizza.
那么今天的《6分钟英语》,我们看一下那些声称对你身体更好的外卖食品,其中有一个是我最喜欢的外卖食品之一——比萨。
So before we start I’ve got a great pizza-related question for you, are you ready for it Rob?
所以在我们开始之前,我们为你准备了一个和披萨相关的问题,Rob你准备好了么?
Yes I am.
是的。
The world record for the largest pizza ever made was set in South Africa in 1990.
世界记录中最大的披萨是1990年在南非做的。
How big was its diameter?
它的直径有多大?
(a) 3 metres
(a)3米
(b) 37 metres
(b)37 米
(c) 370 metres
(c)370 米
Hmm, well three metres is too small, that’s a regular pizza for me, so I’ll go for b) 37 metres.
嗯,三米太小了,那对我来说是常规的披萨,因此我选择(b)37米。
Well we’ll see if you’re right at the end of the programme.
好的,我们将会在节目的末尾看一下你是否是正确的。
Now back to our story which is all about making pizza healthier.
现在回到我们所有关于使制作的比萨饼更健康的故事。
Pizza is really the ultimate junk food, as it’s delicious but also quick and easy to make.
比萨是真正的终极垃圾食品,其味道鲜美,而且能快速、轻松地制作。
But many pizzas come with a health warning, as the ingredients in it are quite bad for you.
但许多比萨饼伴随着健康警告,因为它成分对你不太健康。
Surveys have shown that seven out of ten people eat pizza regularly, but most contain far too much fat, sugar and salt.
调查显示七成的人经常吃披萨,但大多数比萨包含太多的脂肪、糖和盐。
It’s not surprising – lots of pizzas are smothered in layers of cheese, with a thick dough base.
这并不奇怪,大量的具有厚厚面团基地的比萨饼层被奶酪覆盖。
But the more traditional, Italian-style pizzas have thinner bases and less cheese, so they’re a bit healthier.
但更多的传统的意大利风格的比萨饼有更薄的基地和奶酪,因此他们更加健康一点。
The majority of pizzas that we buy in the supermarkets are laden with fat – that means they’re full of fat.
我们在超市买的比萨饼的大多数是满载肥肉——那意味着它们满含脂肪。
But there is good news on the horizon for pizza lovers in the UK…
不过对于英国的比萨爱好者来说,也有即将来临的好消息...
That’s right, a nutritionist from Scotland has helped to produce a range of pizzas which are nutritionally balanced.
来自苏格兰的一名营养师帮助制作了一系列营养均衡的比萨饼。
They contain the right number of calories, plus all of the vitamins and minerals you need in one meal.
它们包含了适当的热量,以及你在一餐中需要的所有维生素和矿物质。
It’s actually a perfect pizza.
它实际上是一个完美的比萨饼。
It was designed by entrepreneur Donnie MacLean and professor Mike Lean from Glasgow University.
它是由企业家Donnie MacLean 和来自格拉斯哥大学的Mike Lean教授设计的。
Listen to this clip of the professor: why did they decide to design the pizza?
听听这位教授的这段剪辑:他们为什么决定设计这个比萨饼?
Of the hundreds and thousands of pizzas on the market they vary enormously in what they contain.
市场上数以万计的比萨饼,他们差别很大部分在于它们包含的内容。
Not one of them, up until now, has been properly balanced for all the nutrients.
到现在为止,他们中没有一块比萨饼中所有营养物质已适当平衡的。
But some have the right amount of fat, some have the right amount of saturated fat; some have actually the right amount of salt, very few.
但一些有适量的脂肪,一些有适量的饱和脂肪 ;一些实际上有适量的盐、 很少。
Nobody has thought about it, nobody has designed a nutritionally balanced meal so I got together with Donnie to try to do this.
没有人想过这个问题,没有人设计了一个营养均衡的一餐,所以我就与Donnie一起尝试这样做。
That was Professor Mike Lean, who says that until now, no pizzas have been balanced in terms of nutrients.
就是Mike Lean教授,说到目前为止,没有一个比萨饼营养是平衡的。
So his challenge was to design a pizza that has everything you need to be healthy, plus it needs to taste nice too!
因此,他面临的挑战是设计一个比萨饼,拥有你需要的使你健康的一切,再加上它味道需要尝起来也很好。
It's all about choosing the right ingredients.
它全部与选择正确的成分有关。
The team looked at the traditional ingredients in a standard pizza, then made some slight changes to the recipe to make it healthier.
该研究小组在一个标准的比萨上看了传统的成分,然后把配方做了一些轻微的修改,使其更健康。
That included one special ingredient that you certainly would not expect to see on a pizza menu.
这包括一个特殊的成分,你肯定不希望在一个比萨饼菜单上看到。
Listen to this report from the BBC’s Eleanor Bradford to see if you can identify the secret ingredient…
听BBC的Eleanor Bradford报告,看一下你是否能识别这秘密的成分...
Professor Lean and entrepreneur Donnie MacLean began tweaking the recipe.
Lean教授和企业家Donnie MacLean开始调整配方。
Red pepper in the tomato sauce adds more vitamin C.
番茄酱中的红辣椒添加了更多的维生素C。
There?s full fat mozzarella, just not too much of it. And a secret ingredient – Hebridean seaweed – hidden in the base to provide iron, calcium, zinc and…
还有的全脂奶酪,只是不太多。并且一个秘密的成分——赫布里底群岛的海藻——隐藏在底座上提供铁,钙,锌和...
“…as way of reducing the salt level ?cause the sodium content of seaweed is about 3.5% compared to 40% in salt.”
“减少盐的含量的方式导致海藻中钠含量为3.5%,而盐中含量为40%。”
Aha! So the secret ingredient is Hebridean seaweed – so seaweed taken from the islands off the west coast of Scotland called the Hebrides.
啊哈!因此,秘诀是赫布里底群岛的海藻——海藻来自苏格兰西海岸的岛屿,叫做赫布里底群岛。
The seaweed provides a lot of the minerals you need to keep you healthy, and it has a lower sodium content than salt, so the pizza is less salty and therefore better for you.
海藻提供了大量的矿物,你需要保持你的健康,并且它比盐含有较低的钠含量,因此比萨饼是不太咸,因此更适合你。
Hmm, it does seem to have most of the ingredients of a regular pizza: mozzarella, tomato sauce, but I’d have to taste it to believe it.
嗯,它似乎有常规比萨的大部分配料:奶酪,番茄酱,但我最好必须品尝它来相信它。
A healthy pizza could be very popular – there’s a real gap in the market for healthy versions of the foods we love, and the team are already trying to take advantage of that by developing nutritionally balanced fish and chips!
一个健康的比萨饼可能会很受欢迎,但在我们喜欢的食品与健康食品中的存在市场空隙,并且队员们已经试图利用这点去开发营养均衡的炸鱼和土豆片。
Now you’re talking!
现在,轮到你说话了!
This show’s making me really hungry.
这个节目使我感到真的很饿。
Well you’ll have to wait just a little bit longer before you can run off for your takeaway, as we’ve got to reveal the answer to the question.
好了,你必须等待的只是一点点的时间,然后才能跑开去吃您的外卖,因为我们得揭示问题的答案了。
The world record for the largest pizza ever made was set in South Africa in 1990.
世界记录上最大的披萨是1990年在南非做成的。
How big was its diameter? Was it:
它的直径有多大?答案是:
(a) 3 metres
(a)3米
(b) 37 metres
(b)37米
(c) 370 metres
(c)370米
And I said b) 37 metres.
我选择的是b)37米。
And you were right!
你是正确的!
The world’s largest pizza was 37.4m long, and weighed a massive 12 tonnes!
世界上最大的比萨是37.4米长期,庞大到12吨重!
I think we can safely say that that probably wasn?t nutritionally balanced.
我认为我们可以有把握地说大概不会营养平衡。
Well certainly not if you ate all of it!
当然不,如果你把它全部都吃掉!
Ok, we’ve come to the end of today’s programme.
好了,我们来结束今天的节目。
Rob, will you remind us of some of the words that we’ve heard today?
Rob,你能提醒一下我们今天(在节目中)听到的词么?
They were:
它们是:
Takeaway
外卖
Junk food
垃圾食品
Health warning
健康忠告
Smothered in
窒息在
Nutritionally balanced
营养平衡
Gap in the market
在市场中的差距
That's all we have time for today but do join us again for more 6 Minute English and for more help with any aspects of your English language studies go to our website BBCLearningEnglish.com.
这就是我们今天的节目时间,但一定要再参加我们的《六分钟英语》。并且可以去我们的网站website BBCLearningEnglish.com来寻求更多的英语方面的帮助。
Bye for now – Rob, go and enjoy your take away!
现在再见——Rob,去享用你的外卖吧!
I will! Bye!
我去啦!再见!